Space ship landing

High gain germanium bliss manifest in three dimensional reality.

Moderator: The Captain

Mr. Min T. Fresh

Re: Space ship landing

Post by Mr. Min T. Fresh »

F'n Outstanding My Man!!!!!
I have a big dick and I challenge you to swallow it or fight me strait up.
dazed and confused

Post by dazed and confused »

Absolutely beautiful work Dave. I have no chance at the BIN's. Time to sit cross legged on my prayer mat :pray:
muffin man

Post by muffin man »

This mk111 look's amazing :headbanger:
I really hope i get lucky on the BIN's :errr:
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

devnulljp wrote:
The Captain wrote:I was gonna do a long bit of blurb justifying the price. I’ve decided against that. It’s priced as such because it is what it is. I never hide my work. You can see exactly what you pay for and the simple fact is if you don’t like it or “get” the price you don’t buy one.
...People who'll happily spend $5k on a made-in-Chinese-sweatshop out of toxic polymer waste couch bitch and moan about every dollar for an individually handmade object that takes a lifetime of skill to prepare...
That's exactly right and an interesting point you bring up. I think it says a lot about a person and a culture as to what is valued. It does take a lifetime of preparation to produce these pedals to the level that Dave does and he has an obvious dedication to his craft. That comes through on the product he produces and the demand created.

It is obvious that anyone with some patience, a little bit of time, and some skill can produce a guitar effect. This is evidenced by the explosion of these products and the competitive nature of the business. It does take a lifetime and experience to get to where Dave is and that is something that only comes with time, a very overlooked component of it all and partially, what you are paying for.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
Philip

Post by Philip »

:errr: :errr: :errr: :errr: :errr: :errr:
Sauniere

Post by Sauniere »

:drunk: :drool2: Relieved to hear this will be a production item and not just a limited run, despite the very limited production per month.
Richard Groff

Post by Richard Groff »

The space ship has indeed landed and fuzzy headed aliens with a nasty attitude have emerged and are lookin' for trouble!

:cthulhu2:
d4niel

Post by d4niel »

Sweet mother! Thanks for all that text! I definitely need some of that organic 1970's tone in my bag of fuzz.
It is about time to dust off the old trigger finger :headpop:
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Sorted! Not quite 24 hours notice but almost :badteeth:

http://stompboxes.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2140
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

markom89 wrote:Oh... question!
Are all of the units pictured going up on Monday?
Nope http://stompboxes.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2140
markom89 wrote:Also, if someone scores one in the BIN's, can they still get on the list?
Oh you tricky little bugger :hihi: I'd not thought if that one. Would you need two though? I'll tackle that if I come to it.
markom89 wrote:Lastly, and pardon the noobiness of this question, how much does the sound varry based on transisor choice in this particular circuit?
Slightly. They are all tuned with the same goal in mind though you are going to get subtle differences from one to the next as it is a germanium fuzz and that is the nature of the beast. Its not a major thing.