Next Custom Build

One-off's, mini-runs, etc. The White Whales, Ahab!

Moderator: The Captain

mhat

Re: Next Custom Build

Post by mhat »

I'd LOVE a nice flanger or a reverse delay. It'd be great to see what Dave could do with those. Sadly the R & D time required to design/develop something of the quality that he'd put his name to would make it impractical probably.

The standard run of pedals are good enough designs that any variation in them is interesting enough. Maybe we could have a last run of Rams.

I like my enclosures decidedly retro so a sandcast tonebender would be great. It would be expensive but I think people would pay whatever it cost. I certainly would. :freakout:

Mike
duende

Post by duende »

Alright... I'm just gonna say it.

Dave will you please just build us all a psychedelic machine?? Or a Binson echorec?? :freakout:

not that they are simple circuits or anything.... :whistle:
eastcoast

Post by eastcoast »

Siick ideas. Shatterbox would be awesome. No knobbers would be sick and a Binson would be refuckingdiculous. There are so many cool things that could be done and I positive that whatever it is it's gonna be sick. What about a nonfuzz( I know blasphemy). A while back Dave did a number of Script Dyna Comps that looked sick (I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing it when I had a chance) or A phase 100 or a fuzz wah, or a powerdriver, or a... :hmm:
JP30

Post by JP30 »

The Captain wrote:Nah, no down time...I'll be right on the back on the next project :fu:

Though I might just do something a little simpler as jump gap from the Fuzzaround to the next. Maybe a custom forum special of one of the "stock" pedals. For sure a celebration of this righteous new forum is in order. :party:

I won't be doing the FZ-1 at any point I'm sorry to say. For one I don't consider it all that rare, ain't so hard to find if you look around in the right corners. Plus I have a fair pile other rare fuzz boxes I'd like to cover long before I got into anything like that...I ain't even had a good crack at the MKIII as yet.

I hope that I am not ruining the party, but
I thought the next custom paedal was going to be the special forum of STOCK Production pedal....
or are we talking about any Future D*A*M custom pedals . . . :geek:
JP30

Post by JP30 »

cubba wrote:
JP30 wrote: . . . Double Titan, for super extra Distortion...
Just buy two Titans!

:badteeth:

how bout the Double Dragons ! . . . ?
Graham

Post by Graham »

JP30 wrote:
cubba wrote:
JP30 wrote: . . . Double Titan, for super extra Distortion...
Just buy two Titans!

:badteeth:

how bout the Double Dragons ! . . . ?
Or the triple bluey!!

Nine gobbets of germanium goodness for your aural delectation - but to keep the build simple you only need eight knobs!

g :mrgreen:
Mr. Min T. Fresh

Post by Mr. Min T. Fresh »

What about the good pictures :-D
I have a big dick and I challenge you to swallow it or fight me strait up.
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

I'm really into phasing and flanging right now, but I think something like that would be out of Dave's 'thing to build' list. It would be cool though.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
TheWarmth

Post by TheWarmth »

Oh, man, I'd really be into a flanger. I used to have the Foxrox TZF, but it was too finicky and complex. There really isn't a flanger on the market right now that interests me much, aside from the Hartman Electric Mistress clone, but I've not tried that one yet.
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

I just checked that out, they look pretty cool. What's the learning curve on one of those, any idea?
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty