Rotosound fuzz & Sola Sound DAM MKlV demo.......

Visual and Audio delights of D*A*M and other such noise makers.

Moderator: The Captain

Scott

Rotosound fuzz & Sola Sound DAM MKlV demo.......

Post by Scott »

Here's the reissue, obviously. well i'm NOT GRAHAM!! :hihi: :oldlol: :lol: I'm using the '56 relic strat into the Princeton reverb. Sounds amazing according to my ears and thoughts. :dance:

Last edited by Scott on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Captain

Re: Rotosound Fuzz...............

Post by The Captain »

How very odd. Scott, you playing that with the volume control wide open on the Strat?
Philip

Post by Philip »

Where's teh gain? :hmm:
Scott

Post by Scott »

I kept the volume all the way up on the strat for the entire demo. I messed with the pedals volume a couple times. Do you want me to do a demo while backing off the volume on the guitar to see how this pedal cleans up? I'd be happy to. :)
modeerf

Post by modeerf »

I think they are saying the fuzz sounds like it's been cleaned up with the volume knob. It seems kinda clean in the video.
Do Drugs, Worship Satan.
Scott

Re:

Post by Scott »

modeerf wrote:I think they are saying the fuzz sounds like it's been cleaned up with the volume knob. It seems kinda clean in the video.
oh i see. thanks for that clarification modeerf. i had the guitars volume all the way up the entire time. Sounds pretty fuzzy to my ears. What do you guys think? I'll do one more demo and i'll keep the pedals volume up all the way. Maybe that'll make a difference. :hmm: I was picking it at different strengths throughout. Maybe that's what you hear.
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

I just hear it as pretty low gain for a MK IV...at least the ones I'm used to. Doesn't sound bad mind you just not very wooly and gainy.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
jetofuj

Post by jetofuj »

This is not Jimmy Page fuzz sound... :hmm:
Philip

Re:

Post by Philip »

jetofuj wrote:This is not Jimmy Page fuzz sound... :hmm:
It sounds kinda like a Roger Mayer Page-1 though. :smashed:
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Scott wrote:I kept the volume all the way up on the strat for the entire demo. I messed with the pedals volume a couple times. Do you want me to do a demo while backing off the volume on the guitar to see how this pedal cleans up? I'd be happy to. :)
Nah, man. The demo was mucho coolness as is :tu: It's just the pedal don't actually sound anything like a Rotosound :hihi:
Ant did say they sounded odd, I actually think he said it reminded him more of a MKI than anything MKIII or MKIV related.

Some good tweed on the go at the Rotosound factory then :teeth2: