Manfred von Richthofenhead

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

API

Re: Manfred von Richthofenhead

Post by API »

Can´t believe that I forgot about this today, realy wanted a red one as well.
But I got my Pink last week so I am set I guess.

Dennis
Fuhgawz

Post by Fuhgawz »

imlikeajungle wrote:Hey Dennis, that's awesome dude, first go & already you bag one!
Sonic Titan is the one to go for though... Thé overdrive pedal, works like a charm on that Orange...! I used one for bass recordings too (and on all guitars), check http://www.myspace.com/pearllakes
Awesome pedal, that Titan.
Thanks man! Well, the Sonic Titan is actually the reason I came here. I am looking for a new overdrive to kick my amp into lead mode and since you liked your Titan so much I figured I might as well try that! ;) I'm a bit bored with the MI Audio Blues Pro. Although it does sound fat, round and has lots of volume, it still sounds like a tube screamer and I don't really like tube screamers in general. If I can't bag up a Titan soon, I will buy a Catalinbread SCOD and will patiently wait for the lists to open and mine actually being built. But untill that time, I can enjoy myself with the Meathead, which I always wanted to try, since everyone at the stonerrock.com forum seems to own and love them.
nurket

Post by nurket »

Anybody else have an extremely tough time resisting these auctions? I have a couple meatheads already with a pinky one on the way but I was still wanting to partake in the reds. I seem to always be able to find some room on the credit cards for the Captains creations. On top of that the auctions are a freakin' rush :freakout: . Was going through withdrawals all day yesterday. Oh well, I know something else I want will come along and I will get my fix..... :dance:
kb892

Post by kb892 »

yes, i'm actually wishing i had tried for one, every time i see that banner i feel like something's missing even though i'm thinking of ditching my starlight blue meathead and i still want another one? i'm beginning to think there's some serious subliminal adverting going on around here... that or the closer we all get to 2012 the more demented we all become... or maybe it's just time to take my meds :freak:
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

I managed to score one of the pink boxed meats from the other auction and since the innards are the same, it wasn't hard to sit back and watch.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty

Post by mezcalhead »

nurket wrote:Anybody else have an extremely tough time resisting these auctions? I have a couple meatheads already with a pinky one on the way but I was still wanting to partake in the reds.
Yeah .. I have one of the plum-coloured Meats where the fluff from the cloth bag got stuck in the paintwork .. "flawed" but I love it. Still can't stop myself eyeing up other Meats though.
JohnMS

Post by JohnMS »

Shite, I just can't believe how fast people can click through and buy things. :-(

I think I'll have to install Bid-O-Matic to finally get one of my sweaty paws on a Meathead.
imlikeajungle

Post by imlikeajungle »

JohnMS wrote:Shite, I just can't believe how fast people can click through and buy things. :-(

I think I'll have to install Bid-O-Matic to finally get one of my sweaty paws on a Meathead.
I don't see how BoM can help you?
JohnMS

Post by JohnMS »

imlikeajungle wrote:
JohnMS wrote:Shite, I just can't believe how fast people can click through and buy things. :-(

I don't see how BoM can help you?
Me neither, but according to my flatmate it can autobid/ autobuy at a set time etc. I'll check it out. Either that or I'll drink a litre of Red Bull prior to the next round. :hyper:
imlikeajungle

Post by imlikeajungle »

As far as I understand BoM, it's a sniping tool... You need the auction item # to use it, and by the time you have that, the BIN is gone :chillin:
You'll have to practice, like the rest of us :cthulhu: