WE HAVE A DODGY SELLER IN THE NEST ...... let me know your positive advice - thanks guys

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Locked
User avatar
MrB
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:43 am
Location: Australia

WE HAVE A DODGY SELLER IN THE NEST ...... let me know your positive advice - thanks guys

Post by MrB » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:56 pm

well fellow forumites ...

bit of a dilemma here so maybe chip in and give me a bit of advice on what I should do ... but seems we have a dodgy cat amongst us ...

did a deal here with a 'high posting' member (which for moment I will keep silent as they may happen to sort the deal out rather than jeopardize their reputation here & a few other forums/selling sites --- hopefully they come good & honestly get onto sorting this out ---)

I have proof of payments via paypal (via PPG/gift option as seller requested & most of us do) .... 3+ months worth of emails with every excuse under the sun, promises which are always broken (like I'll send it in next few days & send tracking ..... doesn't happen, goes quiet & comes back with an excuse) ......... bit of a long story (which I may elaborate on later when need be)

on 24th Dec (last year now) & 8th Jan did a deal with this member for a total of $1625 USD$ = $2411.21 AUD$ for 4 x DAM pedals & bunch of various parts .... so not a small amount ....

so peeps .......

advice ?
should I expose this person here to warn other members ?
should admin ban this person or step in (please do) ?
any other suggestions what you think I should do ?


thanks guys for any positive advice
Ben
Last edited by MrB on Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Laservampire
Posts: 728
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:34 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia

Re: we have a dodgy seller in the nest .... let me know your positive advice - thanks guys

Post by Laservampire » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:04 pm

Jesus that’s a lot of cash.

No suggestions on what to do unfortunately. Hopefully you can salvage the sale.
Ben
User avatar
phidias
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:43 am
Location: Somewhere in Euroland

Re: we have a dodgy seller in the nest .... let me know your positive advice - thanks guys

Post by phidias » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:21 pm

MrB wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:56 pm

I have proof of payments via paypal (via PPG/gift option as seller requested & most of us do) .... 3+ months worth of emails with every excuse under the sun, promises which are always broken (like I'll send it in next few days & send tracking ..... doesn't happen, goes quiet & comes back with an excuse) ......... bit of a long story (which I may elaborate on later when need be)
So sorry to hear that. I am experiencing this same shit with a UK-based small pickup builder that has sold PUs to some forum members. Money is a small amount, bit what is really driving me crazy is the lack of response and the lame excuses. I am still been patient, but if the mess is not sorted out during April, I would then start to consider more drastic ways to deal with the shit...

Hope everything will be sorted out for us very soon. :tu:
I Love Rock'n'Roll - Compression Kills The Music - Never Put Off Until Tomorrow What You Can Buy Today!
User avatar
ZaidAli95
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 1:20 am
Location: Toronto

Re: we have a dodgy seller in the nest .... let me know your positive advice - thanks guys

Post by ZaidAli95 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:25 pm

Really sorry this has happened. I'm not a high posting member but I have dealt with few folks from this forum. I keep coming back here due to the reputation of the folks here and couldn't be more grateful. I would've exposed this person so we can be more cautious and establish that this forum is not for snakes
User avatar
MrB
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:43 am
Location: Australia

Re: we have a dodgy seller in the nest .... let me know your positive advice - thanks guys

Post by MrB » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:28 pm

thanks, I will expose in time if they don't sort it out - I'm giving em the option to do the right thing
ZaidAli95 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:25 pm
Really sorry this has happened. I'm not a high posting member but I have dealt with few folks from this forum. I keep coming back here due to the reputation of the folks here and couldn't be more grateful. I would've exposed this person so we can be more cautious and establish that this forum is not for snakes
User avatar
punkbulldog
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:27 pm
Location: South Yorkshire

Re: we have a dodgy seller in the nest .... let me know your positive advice - thanks guys

Post by punkbulldog » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:30 pm

That’s a shitty situation to be in Ben. Stand your ground and don’t back down. I’m sure everyone on the forum will support you to get this resolved in the best possible way.
Wyrd bið ful aræd
User avatar
MrB
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:43 am
Location: Australia

Re: we have a dodgy seller in the nest .... let me know your positive advice - thanks guys

Post by MrB » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:35 pm

thanks Nick - hope so, we don't need these types here
punkbulldog wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:30 pm
That’s a shitty situation to be in Ben. Stand your ground and don’t back down. I’m sure everyone on the forum will support you to get this resolved in the best possible way.
User avatar
MrB
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:43 am
Location: Australia

Re: we have a dodgy seller in the nest .... let me know your positive advice - thanks guys

Post by MrB » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:42 pm

thanks you. Its sucks royally. Hopefully they do the right thing & sort it out .................................... & hope yours get sorted soon too
phidias wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:21 pm
MrB wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:56 pm

I have proof of payments via paypal (via PPG/gift option as seller requested & most of us do) .... 3+ months worth of emails with every excuse under the sun, promises which are always broken (like I'll send it in next few days & send tracking ..... doesn't happen, goes quiet & comes back with an excuse) ......... bit of a long story (which I may elaborate on later when need be)
So sorry to hear that. I am experiencing this same shit with a UK-based small pickup builder that has sold PUs to some forum members. Money is a small amount, bit what is really driving me crazy is the lack of response and the lame excuses. I am still been patient, but if the mess is not sorted out during April, I would then start to consider more drastic ways to deal with the shit...

Hope everything will be sorted out for us very soon. :tu:
User avatar
innerflight
Posts: 3903
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:27 am
Location: Edinburgh

Re: we have a dodgy seller in the nest .... let me know your positive advice - thanks guys

Post by innerflight » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:47 pm

fucking brutal, even though you used the gift option you still have options, certainly worth checking with PayPal and if you used your credit card for those payments you can go through your credit card to try and get payment back, certainly make it as hard as possible for them and give them a headache, hopefully the person will see sense

good luck :tu:
User avatar
MrB
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:43 am
Location: Australia

Re: we have a dodgy seller in the nest .... let me know your positive advice - thanks guys

Post by MrB » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:57 pm

thanks Iain, hopefully it doesn't come to all that & they rather sort it out than be exposed. Ball is in their court. I know what U'd do & I'm sure most would. Thanks mate.
innerflight wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:47 pm
fucking brutal, even though you used the gift option you still have options, certainly worth checking with PayPal and if you used your credit card for those payments you can go through your credit card to try and get payment back, certainly make it as hard as possible for them and give them a headache, hopefully the person will see sense

good luck :tu:
Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest