EFE TYGR -Project X

The electron charged knuckle duster.

Moderator: The Captain

The Captain

EFE TYGR -Project X

Post by The Captain »

TYGR_1022_016.JPG
TYGR_1022_016.JPG (530.53 KiB) Viewed 3289 times
Yo! Documenting current events. Get ya Frosties out, mother fuckers.

EFE TYGR (Tiger) - Project X (10). The concept was to try and capture that odd little nugget of time that occurred at the end of the 1970s and the dawn of the 1980s. Where a number of companies struggled to move with the times, and you get this cool kinda cross over of ideas. The Eurotec and Bell Electrolabs ranges, for example. Innovative in many ways, but still a dinosaur in a space suit at the side of the wave of technology coming in from the East.

The circuit skeleton is a Big Muff Pi. But a Muff it is not. It's a back to the drawing board type affair rather than a hail to vintage wonders. The sole circuit influence of something that pre-exists was the Bell Electrolabs Fuzz, but not really for how it sounds, mainly biasing ideas for gain stage stacking.
The general tone of the TYGR is large and very open sounding. It has a distinct growl to the lower registers with a highly interactive tone control giving usable flavours at all positions. I'd say it has some serious uniqueness amongst the ocean of Muff variants out there. I dropped much time into this design, and I'm pretty damn stoked with the outcome. ...and I totally didn't rip off a certain vintage synthesizer. Wahahaha.

TYGR_1022_014.JPG
TYGR_1022_014.JPG (367.57 KiB) Viewed 3289 times
Bonus nerd shit - When I'm saying I dropped much time on this, I'm referring to the design and the parts selection. The signal path is a mixture of Polypropylene, Mylar and Polyester. That shit is there for a reason. Ceramics - nope. The biasing is weird and weird for a reason. Q3 gets slammed with heavy voltage and delivers flavours previously unheard. Like in The Centurions when the dude does his thing and gets all that pimped out armour n shit, this is that. Bigger, stronger, faster, a precise calculator. It'll take your Civil War Muff, throw it over its knee and give it a damn good spanking. Ultra bonus: non static-y tone control sweep. Synth players revoice! Lastly, for those who need to know - BC549C's all the way. The absolute dog's bollocks for Muff circuits. Who knows? You, me and Pete Cornish. The end.

pr0n:

TYGR_1022_018.JPG
TYGR_1022_018.JPG (341.32 KiB) Viewed 3289 times
TYGR_1022_005.JPG
TYGR_1022_005.JPG (349.28 KiB) Viewed 3289 times
TYGR_1022_010.JPG
TYGR_1022_010.JPG (351.03 KiB) Viewed 3289 times
TYGR_1022_001.JPG
TYGR_1022_001.JPG (332.92 KiB) Viewed 3289 times
What, Where?

This is a limited run project of 50 pieces worldwide. When thems gone thems gone forever. These are exclusive to Joe's Pedals. You can purchase said item from here:

https://joespedals.com/products/tygr-project-x

I'm pretty sure they're being sold in two lots, with the first lot sold, the second lot available on Thursday 24th. Please check Joe's Instagram thinger for the details.

:party:
daCod

Re: EFE TYGR -Project X

Post by daCod »

Badass.

if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
GeorgeR

Post by GeorgeR »

Well the TYGR has arrived for tea, and while I've only managed some lower volume testing, so far I'm liking it a lot.

You know that smooth violin sustain of a ram's head? Well this is the opposite of that. It's the most gritty and gnarled big muff I've ever heard - the lows are huge without being loose, and the whole character of the fuzz has a wonderfully nasty grind. Can't wait give it a run at a decent volume......
LiquoredLiam

Post by LiquoredLiam »

If you can share some sound clips that'd be dope :hail:
dreichula

Post by dreichula »

just gonna gently bump this in case anybody has some sound clips
:whistle:
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

dreichula wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:39 pm just gonna gently bump this in case anybody has some sound clips
:whistle:
Joe from joespedals did a brief demo on instagram.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Spook

Post by Spook »

Sounded dope as hell, sadly i'm broke as hell too.
Quite strange that they aren't sold out yet..
:pazuzu:
dreichula

Post by dreichula »

redeyeflight wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:04 am Joe from joespedals did a brief demo on instagram.
:cheers:
Hymnal

Post by Hymnal »

Can anyone else share any feedback about this one? Looks super intriguing.
Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

Hymnal wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:30 pm Can anyone else share any feedback about this one? Looks super intriguing.
You should buy one and let us know what you think!
Instagram: @bigfoot.2000