ENTOMBED?

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

slomatic

ENTOMBED?

Post by slomatic »

Any fans? I dug out "Inferno" tonight and cranked it up loud. I love Entombed - "To Ride..." is an all time fave. I always thought they were under-rated, particularly the later stuff. Amazing live band too. I haven't got the last record yet, but think I'll have to soon. Bet it's great!

Anyone here think the same??
Volume over talent
CONAN
You cajn't bajn me

Re: ENTOMBED?

Post by CONAN »

Oh yes, I like the song Hollowman and the album that is on - Wolverine is a classic tune too!!!
Sauniere

Post by Sauniere »

Love Entombed! Love the early stuff, especially Left Hand Path, but Morning Star ranks as one of my all time favorite albums. Death N' Roll :dance:
the watcher

Post by the watcher »

I saw them play live here in Gothenburg last night!

Unbelievable show, one of the tightest bands I have ever seen live. The guitarist was playing through 3 Marshall heads, my ears are still ringing this morning.

Death 'N' Roll indeed :freakout:
slomatic

Post by slomatic »

What sort of set did they play - old/new?? Apparently they're playing Ireland in January, good times ahead!!!
Volume over talent
the watcher

Post by the watcher »

I think it was a mixture of old and new stuff.

Our drummer and singer are big fans of them, I'd never heard that much until last night. I believe they used to have 2 guitarists? the guy who was playing last night was one of the best I've seen live. You're in for a treat!
slomatic

Post by slomatic »

I've caught them four times, and they delivered in spades every time. Just really rockin, tight and with great great tunes. "Out of hand" and "damn deal done" would be classics of any genre, the songwriting is just so good.

Sickle, you're way more old-skool than me!! First I heard of them was an Earache sampler tape. Entombed and Hellbastard, good combination!!
Volume over talent
Creepyfingers

Post by Creepyfingers »

Yo

I know those guys. Awesome. Say it in Slugs from Uprising is ridiculously heavy.

--Brad
Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

I love 'Left Hand Path' 'Clandestine' & the 'Wolverine Blues' EP. Never got into the later stuff though. I don't dislike it but the earlier stuff totally defines how Death Metal should sound. Boss HM2s & 40 watt Peavey amps shouldn't sound this good.
It's like an orange on a toothpick
skybone

Post by skybone »

Funnily enough, I never really "got" Clandestine, which was hugely disappointing for me, as I loved (and still love) Left Hand Path. Now That's What I Call Death Metal! Well, that and Carcass' Necroticism & Heartwork ;)

Wolverine Blues, DCLXVI and Same Difference are all killers as well, but they did get a wee bit same-y after that.

The music on Clandestine is great, but it should have been LG singing...