Guess who just bought a MATAMP GT200?

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

CONAN
You cajn't bajn me

Guess who just bought a MATAMP GT200?

Post by CONAN »

Black faceplate, with glow in the dark GREEN logo, green basketweave.........
CONAN
You cajn't bajn me

Re: Guess who just bought a MATAMP GT200?

Post by CONAN »

Actually, I have enough cash to cover half of it :O)!!!!

I am not sure about the glowpanels (it's a light bulb inside I think) - could ask him if you want?
CONAN
You cajn't bajn me

Post by CONAN »

Ok, cool.
slomatic

Post by slomatic »

Nice one!! What will you do with the Simms??

Set me straight on these 200 watters - is it really a bass amp?? from what I read on the site it's voiced and set for bass. It's KT88 tubes, right??
Volume over talent
the watcher

Post by the watcher »

Oh man... I'm sooo jealous.

It is a bass amp, I'd emailed them about one a few months back, but it's way out of my price range at the moment. I would have had to have got a matching 15" and 4x10" bass cab to go with it.

Can't wait to see your pictures and hear what it sounds like.
slomatic

Post by slomatic »

I know a lot of guitar players rave about amps like the V4, but surely a bass amp would respond to different frequencies and not sound like a guitar amp?? I know I've used some bass gear for guitar in the past and found it weird. Maybe this one is voiced for guitar?
Volume over talent
d4niel

Post by d4niel »

CONAN wrote:I am not sure about the glowpanels (it's a light bulb inside I think) - could ask him if you want?
I'm pretty sure Jeff said it's actually a kind of illuminated surface, mainly used for airplane instrument panels.

Out of all the amps I tried in the factory, the GT200 and the 1224 GT sounded the best!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

I agree with Sickle... My Traynor YBA 1 sounds great with either guitar or bass. Ditto with the Marshall SLP 100. They are both loud as hell. Wish I could afford a Matamp.... Want one and a Hiwatt so badly.... Oh yeah.. The Hiwatt DR 103 is another example of an amp that sounds great with either guitar or bass....
G.
What do you want from life
An Indian guru
to show you the inner light?
slomatic

Post by slomatic »

I'd fucking love a Traynor - I have never read ANYTHING other than high praise for those amps.
Volume over talent
CONAN
You cajn't bajn me

Post by CONAN »

Ha!!! According to Jeff it slay with guitar!!!

I used a 100 watt HH bass head through a 1x15 and a 1x18 (70's celestion speaker in a carslbro cab) and it sounded IMMENSE!!! It depends on what sort of stuff you want to play - and thick G tuned strings couldn't sound any better thean when ratting the shit out of a 200 watt MATAMP tone machine surely?

The bass player has a 250 watt 'Acoustic' bass rig (are these from the US Sickle?) with a 4x10 and a 2x15 (Sunn I think). It's going to be be LOUD I can tell thee!!!!

Jeff signed off our chat before by saying that I DEFINITELY wouldn't need a fuzz pedal in front of the new amp coz of the distortion on offer by the amps natural tone (or 'taurne' as he says it....) I nearly came!!!!!