Return of the SonicVI Champion Fuzz Unit!

Up and coming builder? Sell your creations here...

Moderator: The Captain

SonicVI

Return of the SonicVI Champion Fuzz Unit!

Post by SonicVI »

Read all of this. Do not PM me about ordering.

Hey people,
Champion Fuzz Units are back and ready for shipping and in new limited edition colors! Everything is the pretty much the same as before on the inside except the circuit boards are blue instead of white.

There will be 10 pedals available this Monday.

2 in Satin Black
2 in Starlight Red
2 in Metallic Orange
4 in Royal Blue (it's a bit darker in real life than it looks in the pic, pretty close to the original CMI Fuzz Unit color)
(fyi, the white ink used for the silk screening doesn't seem to be as durable as the black ink and consequently some of the may have small scratches, mostly on the border, but a couple in the lettering as well. I just wanted to disclose that so you know to possibly expect it. I'm a bit disappointed by it but nothing I can do really. They still look nice regardless).

If you like the old standard orange finish don't worry, I will have 8 available in about a week.

These first ten are going to be sold Buy It Now Auction style in the Auction House. There will four separate listings, one for each color. Simply reply to the listing for the color you want. First two responses (or first four for the blues) win. Payment will be due no more than 7 days after the listings end.

The auctions will begin at approximately 1PM CST on Monday the 21st. For the chronally challenged that's 12:00 Forum Time.

The price is still $150 plus shipping,
$10 US
$20 Canada
$30 everywhere else.
Last edited by SonicVI on Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If you want to write rock lyrics you must learn about where the Hobbits dwell."
MaryKelly

Re: Return of the SonicVI Champion Fuzz Unit!

Post by MaryKelly »

That black one is stunning! Good luck with the run although you wont need it. Youll be sitting on some $$$ within a few hours.
grygrx

Post by grygrx »

If you want/need some free advertising on bassfuzz.com send me a PM. I love mine, and snagging a second has crossed my mind. I have no problem endorsing something I believe in. If nothing else, maybe I'll and get a video done this weekend (unless they all go snip snap).

Adam
zerorez

Post by zerorez »

Those all look stunning, beautiful builds Sonic :cheers:

So I did a little google search on the the B&M Champion Fuzz, not finding much for clips, but research indicates these were originally based on the Colorsound Jumbo Tonebender which more of a clone of the a Big Muff in the early 70's?

Please can someone describe the sound of a Champion Fuzz Unit?

Thanks
SonicVI

Post by SonicVI »

Thanks Adam, feel free to post anything you'd like about it on your site. I'd also definitely like to try to sell a few over at TB. I'm not convinced that they'll sell out here this time, at least not the regular orange ones. We'll see, maybe I'll set a few aside for over there either way.
Last edited by SonicVI on Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If you want to write rock lyrics you must learn about where the Hobbits dwell."
SonicVI

Post by SonicVI »

jkranitz wrote:Those all look stunning, beautiful builds Sonic :cheers:

So I did a little google search on the the B&M Champion Fuzz, not finding much for clips, but research indicates these were originally based on the Colorsound Jumbo Tonebender which more of a clone of the a Big Muff in the early 70's?

Please can someone describe the sound of a Champion Fuzz Unit?

Thanks
That's right, it's the same circuit as the Jumbo Tone Bender which is similar to a Big Muff but not exactly the same. The sound is kind of like a Big Muff but with not quite as much saturation and more low end. It almost sounds like it has clean signal blended in that makes allows chords to come through with more clarity than a Big Muff. It also sounds massive with basses.
There's a video or two on youtube of Jumbo Tone Benders.

And of course the song that in part made the B&M famous.
pigeontoe

Post by pigeontoe »

Those look great. I've got one from the last run and I absolutely love it. These pedals are a steal at that price, from the look, to the build quality, to the sound, they are impressive. I'm am shocked a few of the last round have already come up for second hand sales. Mine is going nowhere. Fine work my Friend, fine work. :tu:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Colby

Post by Colby »

Will be refreshing the Auction House page furiously on Monday. The black and blue are killer.
modeerf

Post by modeerf »

WOW those look great. Kinda wish I didn't already have one so I could snag one of those!
Anyways love mine, there will be some very happy fuzz freaks out there :zgrin:
Do Drugs, Worship Satan.
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Hopefully I can get one to replace the unit I had to sell. It is a great pedal, for sure.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty