Rooster a'la October 2009

Tonal shaping & volume boosting delivered with germanium love.

Moderator: The Captain

skybone

Re: Rooster a'la October 2009

Post by skybone »

Love the new combined instructions/guarantee leaflet... and with the individual graphic for each pedal. :oldgrin:
Tonebender

Post by Tonebender »

Just when i finally gets me a nice Rooster another even more gorgeous model comes along!

Im really digging the new graphics, paint schemes and manuals :dance:

Dave ~ in which way does the tranny variant effect/colour the new roosters tone ?
Coolhand78

Post by Coolhand78 »

i was probably the most recent recipient of a rooster from the last batch and now,
i want one of these mother fuckers....! i love the no LED...! no popping LED is grand...
D*A*M you david main...! you are gonna keep me broke man!!!
"Yorkshire isn't a place. Yorkshire is a state of mind." ~ Howard Moon
squire

Post by squire »

My names on one of these . I hope . Please let it be soon. Please please. :badlove:
Robapov

Post by Robapov »

My Swart keeps telling me to get one of these
:chillin:
L O V E
thesjkexperience

Post by thesjkexperience »

Robapov wrote:My Swart keeps telling me to get one of these
:chillin:
I have two roosters one with the 1970's oc140 and one with the 60's oc140 and they sound amazing with my AST PRO and my STR tweed. Lately I run just the 70's rooster on all the time for that Rory Gallagher tone.

I am on the list for one of these and while I cant afford it I just have to have one! Sickle likes the OC71 and I do hope one of those flys my way :love:

Any clue as to how many the new retailer is going to get?
Last edited by thesjkexperience on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steal a little and they throw you in jail. Steal a lot and they make you a King. -- Bob Dylan

"ripped out of the sky reforming thought into creation electric motion begins" - Linzi
Coolhand78

Post by Coolhand78 »

Anyone got some good settings for wheels of fire born under a bad sign/sitting on top of the world tones?
thesjkexperience

Post by thesjkexperience »

It depends on your rooster guitar and amp, it is a bit hard to recommend settings. Even with the same set up my two roosters sound very different at the same setting.
Steal a little and they throw you in jail. Steal a lot and they make you a King. -- Bob Dylan

"ripped out of the sky reforming thought into creation electric motion begins" - Linzi
Coolhand78

Post by Coolhand78 »

i play an EJ strat and a 66 bassman thats been modded a bit to be a little more marshall like...
lots o pedals inc sunface nkt, echoplex ep3, timmy... they're the main ones i use...

cheers
psycho*daisies

Post by psycho*daisies »

Nice! Rockin the little Rooster!

Surprisingly (to me) it's become my most used pedal with my groop. I'd heard that from other folks on here, but didn't expect it to be that way for me....

I use it for the songs that need that extra punch, Rooster by itself, or to boost everything up
when using a fuzz pedal. It works for me best at the end of the chain.

Love my 3 link chain right now. 1. D*A*M 1965 Mk1 -> 2. Ge Fuzzrite -> D*A*M Rooster (OC45)

The Fuzzrite takes care of bright, nasty sounding US style c.65-66 Garage Rock style. The Mk1 is great for a slightly darker Yardbirds/Small Faces "Tone Bender" sound and the Rooster is just an all around utility box. It's funny how with these three, they all become interactive, so if i you adjust one thing, then the balance changes for the other pedals...It's like a Fuzzaround in 3 parts. :hihi: But finding the right balance, these three just sing together so nicely...
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...