D*A*M Sonic Titan demo......experience the magic.....

D*A*M Audio/Video Clips

Moderator: The Captain

Bobby DEE

Re: D*A*M Sonic Titan demo......experience the magic.....

Post by Bobby DEE »

thanks guys! i appreciate the warm welcome here, the DAM world is very respected, and i bring the utmost respect to all the members here :tu:

my amp is a Nolatone 22 Tango, this is a new amp builder who I am endorsing. I really liked the design of his amp, it is a 2 6v6 based 1x12 combo that has marshall, hiwatt, and fender DNA. has the MOST HEADROOM of any 2 6v6 amp I have ever played.

it's a great amp, and Paul the builder and I share a Navy Electronics background, so we had some things in common, and I dug his vibe, so I bought one from him. It's a REALLY good pedal platform and gigging amp, I like something that has a good amount of headroom so I can GOOSE IT with my pedals at gigs.

here's my "actual" demo of the Sonic Titan :headbanger:

fucking 80s wanker. :marx:

Bobby DEE

Post by Bobby DEE »

Sickle wrote:Hey, is that Paul guy's last name 'Sheridan' by any chance?

LOL, I just heard you playing Turbo Lover, HAHAHA!!!!!! You're fugging busted, dude!!

:lol: :dance: :lol:
lol......JUDAS PRIEST, man :headbanger:

nobody liked that album......i met them on that tour, and Rob actually came to see my band, will never forget his coolness and the fact that he actually listened to me play and gave me props for certain solos and things he had heard while we played some pool afterward. didn't get to meet Glenn and KK, they liked to get up early to play golf every day, so they didn't hang out much.

It's Paul Sanders from Nolatone.com -- he's based outside Atlanta GA, and has three amps so far -- an AC-15 called the "Chimey Limey", the 22 Tango like I have, and also a REALLY interesting triple gain stage monster than is only 5 watts called the Junebug. I'm gonna demo the Junebug as soon as he can spare one for a few days.

Sonic Titan is REALLY really good. I knew it would be good, but I didn't know I would bond with it so strongly. It's really quite a good distortion, and an interesting design. and it RAWKS.
Bobby DEE

Post by Bobby DEE »

yeah......my last fave album from them was "Screaming for Vengeance", it's REALLY good.

i met them on Painkiller or Turbo tour in Biloxi MS when they were on tour, their tour manager got married in Biloxi so they hung out in town for a week.

Glenn and KK had GREAT tones during that era. And at that time, I was playing a pair of custom shop Hamers, a Sceptre (explorer like) and a Steve Stevens, both with floyds and hot pickups -- I think Rob liked my tone, it was not too far off from what he was used to onstage. I was running a Marshall 2203 JCM800 vert input head and 4x12 at that time, in RED tolex :love:

Titan kinda reminds me of those days :headbanger:
Bobby DEE

Post by Bobby DEE »

awwwwww damnit.

i used it at a gig last nite.

took my MP LGW (toobscrema) off my board, and slid SEXY black cherry into that spot.

fucking pedal sounded AMAZING at gig volume. allowed me to get some real nice saturated distortion tones at a reasonable stage volume.

it made some hot palm beach blondes play air guitar on the dance floor during my solos :badlove:

so......when is that list opening again? :freakout:
Philip

Post by Philip »

Welcome aboard!
Bobby DEE wrote:
it made some hot palm beach blondes play air guitar on the dance floor during my solos :badlove:
Best plug for a pedal yet! :hihi:

Your clips are great, I've never paid much attention to the titan, this thread has certainly changed that.
Bobby DEE

Post by Bobby DEE »

sonic titan went home today :errr:

but yesterday, we did an outdoor gig, big concert for BIKERS :headbanger:

it was AWESOME...titan went from palm beach debutantes to rough BIKER party all in one weekend :captain:

damn, these emoticons here are KEWL :dance:

anyhow........much love to mike for allowing me to use it over the weekend. i'll probably use it again, as i am (finally) recording another album this summer. :listening:

what a great pedal.....Sonic Titan really gave me a lot of DAM love....... :love:
Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

Whoa! Great demos.
The most comprehensive I've seen for the Titan. I love that multi-coloured Strat too.
It's like an orange on a toothpick
Thor

Post by Thor »

Great demos!!

It really has a Hiwatt roar to it. If you are the same Bobby D I have seen on YouTube, I believe you have had the chance to also test drive the BJFE Model H. How do the two compare?

That sonic titan is the shit (and I hope the V&RL offer it soon).

Thanks again you turbo luvah! :freakout: