Is this possible? (fuzz/wah/boost content)

Schematics, layouts & other technical mumbo jumbo.

Moderator: The Captain

markom89

Is this possible? (fuzz/wah/boost content)

Post by markom89 »

I had this pretty wild idea for a build the other night and was wondering if it's possible... I mean, I know it's possible, but year... just tell me what you think.

Big wah case (think Tycobrahe or Colorsound) and in it would be a fuzz, booster of some sort and a wah, obviously. the controls for the fuzz would be mounted on the side and the boost would have a little button on the side that you'd hit (think 535q) and a knob with which you'd adjust the boost. there'd also be an on/off switch for the wah effect. There'd be a bunch of stuff in/on this one pedal, but I think the final product would be really cool.

Thoughts?
markom89

Re: Is this possible? (fuzz/wah/boost content)

Post by markom89 »

After just reading my post over again, I think I described the Foxx fuzz-wah und ze Colorsound. wtf.
zerorez

Post by zerorez »

Sickle wrote:Image
LMAO. Sickle you have a mean looking avatar as of lately, it reminds me of Santa Claus being on a bender for a few months and shaving the old beard off to try and clean up his act!

The Evil Claus :errr:
MaryKelly

Post by MaryKelly »

markom89 wrote:I had this pretty wild idea for a build the other night and was wondering if it's possible... I mean, I know it's possible, but year... just tell me what you think.

Big wah case (think Tycobrahe or Colorsound) and in it would be a fuzz, booster of some sort and a wah, obviously. the controls for the fuzz would be mounted on the side and the boost would have a little button on the side that you'd hit (think 535q) and a knob with which you'd adjust the boost. there'd also be an on/off switch for the wah effect. There'd be a bunch of stuff in/on this one pedal, but I think the final product would be really cool.

Thoughts?
Definitely a cool idea although the vintage pedals that did what you want to do never really took off. Probably because the wah was usually after the fuzz and it was too extreme (double beat, etc...) or the fuzz and wah had typical fuzz/wah sibling rivalry. I think if you went with a real hairy fuzz that wasn't a fuzz face (maybe a muff) and put it on a switch so you could swap the order of the two effects you would have something pretty cool. I would skip the boost though. Probably more useful in an outboard box so it would be easier to get to.
Electric Warrior

Post by Electric Warrior »

Sickle wrote:Its actually Pope Smeagol, our latest Bad Guy From Up on High:
and I was convinced that the pope is a secret identity of the emperor.. go figure

Everything is transitional.