FS- brassmaster, & scrambler clones

Up and coming builder? Sell your creations here...

Moderator: The Captain

jerms

FS- brassmaster, & scrambler clones

Post by jerms »

for sale-maestro brassmaster, and ampeg scrambler clones , both made with NOS transistors and diodes (2N3392/2N5308/1N4148 brassmaster- 2N5306/BC169B/1n456- scrambler ) built on proto boards with 300V stranded wire, 1/2 watt carbon composition resistors, neutric jacks and alpha 16mm pots. the scrambler is an exact clones ie... no LED, no ac jack, and not true bypass . but the brassmaster does have all those features. i started building 4 years ago, and pedals constructed like these have toured the with Built To Spill with no problems whatsoever (except for the one the airlines lost!!). 100% money back guarantee if you don't like it, and 5 year warranty on parts and labor.

if you want to know more about me check my introduce yourself you bastard post, viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1491&start=40 it's towards the bottom of the page.

all prices include shipping
brassmaster- $210
DSC00044.jpg
DSC00044.jpg (300.17 KiB) Viewed 6247 times
DSC00042.jpg
DSC00042.jpg (259.19 KiB) Viewed 6247 times
DSC00039.jpg
DSC00039.jpg (303.13 KiB) Viewed 6247 times

scrambler- $150
DSC00035.JPG
DSC00035.JPG (609.63 KiB) Viewed 6983 times
DSC00041.JPG
DSC00041.JPG (217.66 KiB) Viewed 6979 times
Last edited by jerms on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:11 am, edited 14 times in total.
jerms

Re: FS- brassmaster, scrambler, and sam ash fuzzz boxx clones

Post by jerms »

thanks for the kind words sickle!!! :tu:
jerms

Post by jerms »

hey sickle, it'a an orgone accumulator! my friend makes them, theres a large quartz crystal inside surrounded by metal scraps etc. it's supposed to channel positive energy i think. i also think motorhead or someone wrote a song called orgone accumulator. all i know is i've got one in the band van on the dash and ive got 270,000 miles on her so far and shes going strong!!!-j
kb892

Post by kb892 »

jerms wrote:pedals constructed like these have toured the world with BUILT TO SPILL with no problems.
HOLY SHIT! my faves! I saw 'em at the TRoubador a few months or 6 back, what pedals do they use? I'm interested in the SAm Ash but anything you can tell me about Doug's pedal setup is appreciated.

Finally got a chance to look over your post in the intro forum. I should say I saw you guys, as opposed to them, at the Troubador a little ways back when you guys did the entire Perfect From Now On with a few extras at the end. You guys were really amazing, I thought three guitars on stage in that little place was going to turn into a wash but instead it was more live being enveloped in sound... good sound. Me and one of my friends that night have been BTS nuts forever but for one reason or another never got a chance to see you live so it was almost a spiritual experiance for the two of us and she actually cried when you guys played "Car" and everyone in the crowd sang along... we thought we were the only people that whacked about BTS!

All that aside I'm interested in the Sam Ash, looks like a nice true to original build.
Last edited by kb892 on Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kb892

Post by kb892 »

Wow, thanks man! I totally missed that, I remember that guy (he said with great envy)!
jerms

Post by jerms »

hey kb892, doug has a triangle big muff, and a modded marshall gov'nor i made. last tour the big muff got lost by the airlines and he used a modded red llama clone. he also uses an EH 16 second delay. pretty simple set-up!

and Sickle, yeah i sure don't know if there's anything to that orgone stuff. the person who made it is kinda overboard on that shit though!! i just think it looks cool i guess. i certainly won't try to sell any new-agey mumbo jumbo here!! :lol:
and i'm totally glad you like the pedal!! :dance: it's definitely louder and gnarlier than my original one. :headbanger:
jerms

Post by jerms »

hey pope, thanks again for your kind words about the BRSSY! :dance: i haven't tried it on bass yet, sounds like it's a monster. :cthulhu2: i'll give it a try!! :headbanger:
kb892

Post by kb892 »

hey jerms, i got my sam ash fuzzz boxx today and it's great! nice and grumbly crunchy kinda fuzzy distortion. so far i'm really loving the way it works on the low notes with a tele bangin around with some low note bends and chords. something about the way germanium diodes clip just can't be got with anything else. great work and thanks for getting it to me quick too. you mentioned that you also build a modified guv'nor right? what's different from the original?

thanks,
kevin
jerms

Post by jerms »

hey KB, the biggest difference is the op amp. the original uses a TL072 and i used a JRC4885 or equivalent. i think i also used diodes instead of LED's too. the danelectro daddy-o (which is nearly the same as the guv'nor) is what he used to use. it's got input and output buffers and no true bypass. i leave those buffers off and make it true bypass. i think that's about it. i'll have a look at the one i have here and edit this if there's something different. -jerms
jerms

Post by jerms »

hey KS, i just checked the pedal, i guess i did use LED's for clipping like the original. the thing i did though was use all film cap's, with no electrolytic's (except in the power supply), and carbon composition resistors. there's also a socket so you can try different chips.
Attachments
DSC00002.JPG
DSC00002.JPG (256.68 KiB) Viewed 6322 times