Electro Harmonix Memory Man Help

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

vls

Electro Harmonix Memory Man Help

Post by vls »

My deluxe memory man is a kinda old, 80's, 90's maybe, led power always ON, without true bypass, 2 panasonic MN3005 chips inside.
Problem is: I removed the base plate, were a ground cable is attached and i broke that cable. After trying to find were the hell the cable was connected i can't find it, checked everything every inch even with an hand lens, no way, it is a perfect crime, no evidences were the cable was connected.
If anyone has a memory man like this one, please open it and see were that cable goes. Recent MM are wired in a different way, that i already checked. I need this pedal for saturday. *Help*

eastcoast

Re: Electro Harmonix Memory Man Help

Post by eastcoast »

Whats up VLS. I not home at the moment but I'll definitely check for ya. I think I have an older one as well. I would check out the Howard Davis website. He used to be an engineer for EH and does mods on all sorts of shit. Maybe you can shoot him a line. Also Analogman might be able to help you out also. Like I said I'll check mine out but let us know how it goes.
Link for Howard Davis' website http://howard.davis2.home.att.net/
vls

Post by vls »

Already contacted howard, still no reply. Will send an email to analogman. thanks. check yours if you have a chance!
imlikeajungle

Post by imlikeajungle »

If it's ground shouldn't you be able to connect it to any other part of the ground path?
vls

Post by vls »

Well, i think so, but my problem is not the theory it is the practice. It is a complicated board, no idea what is ground and what it isn't.
If anyone has one of this ones just take a picture of it, to see were that cable goes into the board.
vls

Post by vls »

Analogman replied to my email... has usual in fact. Great guy.
Here goes the solution for the next guy doing the same mistake.

"Anywhere on the other part of the chassis that is grounded,
not really important as the screws are grounding it. Look for
a screw near the power input and you should find a place to attach it"